Simon Fraser University Scholarships for Canadian and International students is now open for applications from eligible and exceptional candidates who wish to enrol in Undergraduate degree program in the University.
Scholarships recognize outstanding academic achievement. Scholarships are available to Canadian and International students. If you are awarded a scholarship, Financial Aid and Awards will notify you in writing.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Simon Fraser University, Canada
Host Institution(s): Simon Fraser University, Canada
Scholarship Worth: Tuition fee
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Undergraduates
Nationality: Domestic & International Students
SCHOLARSHIPS FOR CANADIAN AND INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS | DETAILS
Due to the high volume of applications received each term, payment of funds may not occur until the middle of the term of application. We encourage you to plan accordingly.
A student holding an SFU entrance scholarship is not eligible for any other University administered scholarship until the entrance scholarship is fully paid out. This policy applies to any term in which an entrance scholarship is deferred.
To be eligible for Simon Fraser University Scholarships for Canadian and International students, applicants are expected to meet the following conditions:
- Applicants must be Canadian or International students
- Applicants must have completed at least 12 units of standard graded courses
- Be enrolled in a minimum of 12 units of standard graded courses at SFU in the term of application.
- Have a minimum CGPA of 3.50 at SFU
- Challenge, audit and credit-free courses are not considered.
- Enrolment in a Co-op term (3 units) does not satisfy the enrolment requirement as it is not a standard graded course.
- A student with a disability is eligible to apply for scholarships if the student is enrolled in a minimum of 6 or more units of standard graded courses and meets all other eligibility requirements. At the time of application, the student has to provide a letter from SFU’s Centre for Accessible Learning (CAL) confirming that the student is registered with the Centre (CAL).
How-to-Apply: Interested applicants seeking for Simon Fraser University Scholarships for Canadian and International students should please follow these steps:
- Check the application period and final deadline at Application Deadlines.
- Review the Summer 2024 Scholarship and Awards List to determine which scholarships/awards you want to apply for.
- Apply online by logging in to the Student Information System (go.sfu.ca).
- Click on “Student Center”.
- Go to Financial Aid and Awards (under Finances).
- Click on “Apply for Scholarships/Awards”.
- List the scholarships/awards you want to apply for on your online application.
- Complete and submit your application.
- Supporting documentation (if any) are to be emailed to [email protected] by the application deadline.
- Set up Direct Deposit (administered through the Student Accounts Office) as soon as possible, to receive any refunds you may be eligible to receive.
Application Deadline: August 28 – june 21, 2024