Mitchell Scholarship 2022-2023
The George J. Mitchell Scholarship Program is a nationally competitive award for U.S. citizens sponsored by the US-Ireland Alliance.
Named in honor of the former U.S. Senator’s pivotal contribution to the Northern Ireland peace process, the Mitchell Scholarship is designed to introduce and connect future American leaders to the island of Ireland, while recognizing and fostering academic excellence, leadership, and a commitment to public service.
The George J. Mitchell Scholarship Program is a broadly cutthroat honor for U.S. residents supported by the US-Ireland Alliance. Named to pay tribute to the previous U.S.
In this article, My Study Extra has draft out everything you need to know about the Scholarship Program, Requirements, Criteria, Deadline, Key Dates and How To Apply.
About George J. Mitchell Scholarship
The George J. Mitchell Scholarship Program was named in honour of ex US Senator George Mitchell’s essential commitment and contribution toward the Northern Ireland peace process,
is intended to introduce and connect future generations of American leaders to the island of Ireland, while recognizing and encouraging intellectual accomplishment, leadership, and a guarantee to community and public service.
Up to twelve Mitchell Scholars between the ages of 18 and 30 are chosen every year for one academic year of postgraduate study in any discipline offered by institutions of higher learning in Ireland and Northern Ireland.
Applicants are judged on three criteria:
- Leadership, and
- A sustained commitment to community and public service.
The Mitchell Scholarship Program provides tuition, accommodation, and a stipend for living expenses and travel. The scholarship covers September through May of an academic year.
- High GPA (3.8 – 4.0).
- Between the ages of 18 and 30.
- Applicants must be U.S. citizenship.
- Interested applicants must have a four year certification from a certify school or college prior to starting concentrate as a Mitchell Scholar.
- should have a convincing justification for chasing after graduate concentrate in Ireland.
- Understudy should show grant and authority.
- Understudy should have a supported obligation to local area and public help.
How to Apply
Applying for the 2022-2023 Mitchell Scholarship program is very easy to access for all eligible candidates as the registration is done online via the School Official website. Interested applicants should visit Mitchell Scholarship webpage here to apply.
A faculty committee will review the nominee’s application and determine if the student will be selected to the Mitchell Scholarship Program.
- Application for the 2023-2024 academic year (Mitchell Class of 2024) will open in March 2022.
- Application Deadline: September 30, 2022, 5 pm Eastern Time
- Video Interview Deadline: October 3, 2022, 5 pm Eastern Time
- Semi-Finalist Virtual Interviews: October 31 – November 4, 2022
- Finalist Interviews: November 19, 2022
- Mitchell Scholarship Program Selection Announcement: November 19, 2022
All application materials must be submitted through the online application by 5:00 PM Eastern Time on September 30, 2022.
For more information about the George J. Mitchell Scholarship Program, applicants can visit their official website.