SMEDAN Loan is available for SME entrepreneurs in need of support to finance their businesses. Are you a business person, entrepreneur, or someone who is looking for a loan to start a business?
In this article, MyStudyExtra has shared a guide on how to apply for a SMEDAN loan, the SMEDAN Loan Application Portal, and Different types of SMEDAN Loans. Also an outline step-by-step process for registering and getting your small or large businesses funded with the Federal Government SMEDAN loan.
What is SMEDAN?
The Small and Medium Enterprises Development Agency Of Nigeria (SMEDAN) was established by Federal Government to promote the development of small and large enterprises to grow the Nigeria Economy.
SMEDAN Loan Application
Like the CBN Non-Interest Loan scheme, the scheme was created to help small and medium-scale businesses and business owners by providing them with the right tools for faster growth. Register your business and start enjoying these benefits today.
Benefits Of Applying For SMEDAN Loan
The schemes give access to loans from multiple providers, grants from governmental and private organizations, and insurance.
Private Sector Benefits
SMEDAN gives you access to private sector benefits like training and educational content by professionals, consultants, private investment opportunities, and more.
The program provides business support from the government. These supports include conditional grants and many more.
What Is The Mandate Of SMEDAN?
The mandate of SMEDAN as contained in the enabling Act can be summarized as follows:
- Stimulating, monitoring, and coordinating the development of the MSMEs sub-sector;
- Initiating and articulating policy ideas for small and medium enterprises’ growth and development;
- Promoting and facilitating development programs, instruments, and support services to accelerate the development and modernization of MSME operations;
- Serving as the vanguard for rural industrialization, poverty reduction, job creation, and enhanced livelihoods;
- Linking MSMEs to internal and external sources of finance, appropriate technology, and technical skills as well as to large enterprises;
- Promoting and providing access to industrial infrastructures such as layouts, incubators, and industrial parks;
- Inter-mediating between MSMEs and Government;
- Working in contact with other institutions in both the public and private sectors to create a good enabling environment for business in general, and MSME activities in particular.
Guiding Principles Of SMEDAN
- Outreach: We like to reach as many MSMEs as are crucial and imperative to achieve the goal of MSME-led economic growth, industrialization, and job creation
- Sustainability: We deliberately create exit strategies, whenever necessary to avoid over-dependence on subsidy
- Impact: We are committed to delivering measurable results
- Efficiency: We cherish quality service delivery by our Agency on the one hand, and the MSMEs on the other, in the most cost-efficient manner.
SMEDAN Loan Requirements
- A registered business name
- Your Business Registration Number (RC or BN)
- State in which the business operates
- Type of Business
- Age of Business(Number of years of operation)
- Phone Number and your government name
- SMEDAN Unique Identification Number
How To Get SMEDAN Unique Identification Number
To access a SMEDAN loan, you must register your business with SMEDAN and get access to government and private sector benefits.
The following are steps on how to get your SMEDAN Unique Identification Number:
- Visit the SMEDAN registration portal at https://www.smedanregister.ng/register
- The below information will be required to continue the registration. Ensure you provided SMEDAN with accurate information.
- Business Name
- Phone number
- Business premises you operate from
- Business Type
- Product or Service
- Evidence of registration with CAC?
- Business by assets value
- Number of staff
- Business Owner Information
- Office address
- Provide and fill in the above-required information and click on submit. After successful registration, SMEDAN will send an email to you containing your SMEDAN Unique Identification Number (SUIN).
SMEDAN Registration Portal 2022 for Loan Application
Below are the loan options provided by SMEDAN, including credit loans, mortgage loans, personal loans, business loans and how to apply for SMEDAN loan.
1. SMEDAN Credit Loans:
Smedan credit loans are designed to provide individuals with access to short-term funds for various purposes. These loans typically feature flexible repayment terms and relatively quick processing times, making them ideal for managing immediate financial needs or bridging gaps in cash flow.
2. SMEDAN Mortgage Loans:
For aspiring homeowners or real estate investors, Smedan mortgage loans offer a pathway to property ownership. These loans provide long-term financing options for the purchase, construction, or renovation of residential or commercial properties.
Smedan mortgage loans come with competitive interest rates and favorable repayment periods, making them an attractive choice for those seeking stability and security in real estate ventures.
3. SMEDAN Personal Loans:
Smedan personal loans cater to individuals who require funds for personal expenses, such as education, medical emergencies, debt consolidation, or other unforeseen circumstances. These loans provide flexible financing options with reasonable interest rates, enabling individuals to meet their financial goals while maintaining financial stability.
4. SMEDAN Business Loans:
Smedan business loans are specifically tailored to meet the financial needs of entrepreneurs and small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs). These loans support business expansion, working capital requirements, purchase of equipment, inventory management, and other critical business operations.
With competitive interest rates, favorable repayment terms, and simplified application processes, Smedan business loans foster an environment conducive to growth and economic development.
How to Retrieve your lost SMEDAN Unique Identification Number (SUIN)
- Login to the email you used in your SMEDAN registration process
- Search with the word “SMEDAN.” and you should see a confirmation email from SMEDAN
- Kindly open the email, and it should contain your SMEDAN Unique Identification Number (SUIN).
- Ensure to save your SUIN carefully in other not to lose it again.
Which Agencies Does SMEDAN Collaborates With?
The following are partners of SMEDAN:
- National Planning Commission (NPC)National Bureau of Statistics
- National Poverty Eradication Programme (NAPEP)
- New Partnership for African Development (NEPAD), Nigeria.
- Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development
- Federal Ministry of Science and Technology
- Federal Institute of Industrial Research, Oshodi (FIIRO)
- National Office for Technology Acquisition and Promotion (NOTAP)
- Raw Materials Research and Development Council (RMRDC)
- Federal Ministry of Finance
- Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN)
- Nigeria Export-Import Bank (NEXIM)
- Federal Ministry of Labour and Productivity
- National Directorate of Employment (NDE)
- Federal Ministry of Commerce and Industry (FMCI)
- Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC)
- Nigerian Export Promotion Council (NEPC)
- Nigerian Export Processing Zones Authority (NEPZA)
- Standards Organisation Of Nigeria (SON)
- Bank of Industry (BOI)
- Bank of Agriculture (BOA)
- National Economic Reconstruction Fund (NERFUND)
- Industrial Training Fund (ITF)
- Federal Ministry of Women’s Affairs
- Federal Ministry of Youth Development
- National Youth Service Corps (NYSC)
- Federal Ministry of Health
- National Agency for Food and Drug Administration & Control (NAFDAC)
- State Governments: (State Ministries of Commerce, Industry and Agriculture, Tax, Land, Property/Physical
- Development, Investment Agencies/Departments)
- Local Governments
- Business Associations/Organizations
- African Business Roundtable (ABR)
- Nigerian Economic Summit Group
- National Association of Women in Business (NAWIB)
- Nigeria Association of Small and Medium Enterprises (NASME)
- Nigerian Association of Chambers of Commerce, Industry, Mine and Agriculture (NACCIMA)
- National Association of Small-Scale Industrialists (NASSI)
- Manufacturers Association of Nigeria (MAN)
- Nigerian Association of Women Entrepreneurs (NAWE)
- International Development Partners (World Bank, JICA, GTZ, DFID, ADB, UNDP, UNIDO
How To Complete SMEDAN Loan Registration Form
SMEDAN gives you access to government and private-sector benefits to help you grow your small or medium-scale business faster.
We urge you to visit the SMEDAN official webpage, register and join thousands of Nigerians already enjoying loans and funding benefits.