Rhodes Scholarship 2022-2023
Applications for Rhodes Scholarship are presently open for all suitable candidates. In this article, MyStudyExtra.com give full details about this scholarship program, its advantages and step by step on the application process.
Fully Funded Rhodes Scholarship 2022-2023 is a scholarship for international students. This Scholarship is accessible for Masters and PhD studies and gives living allowance (£15,144 per annum), all College and University charges and the University application expense.
Rhodes Scholarship 2022 Coverage
Rhodes Scholarship provide the recipient with:
- A living stipend (£15,144 per annum);
- All University and College fees;
- One economy class airfare to Oxford at the start of the scholarship and one economy flight back to the student’s home country at the conclusion of the scholarship.
- The University application fee;
- The tenure of the Scholarship is two years, subject always to satisfactory academic performance and personal conduct. Subject to an application process, the Scholarship may be extended for a third year for those who take a recognized route to the DPhil (PhD).
Eligibility Criteria for Rhodes Scholarship
To qualify for Rhodes Scholarship, candidate must fulfill all of the following requirements below:
- Citizenship and residency: Each applicant must fulfill the citizenship and residency requirements of the Rhodes constituency for which they are applying. Check the eligible Countries here.
- Education: All applicants must have achieved the completion of an honors bachelor’s degree by October. As well, academic standing must be sufficiently high to ensure admission to the University of Oxford, which has very competitive entry requirements. In Canada, a GPA of minimum 3.75/4.0, or equivalent, is expected.
- Age: Age limits vary between constituencies and range from a minimum age limit of 18 to a maximum of 28 by October 1st of the year following selection. In most constituencies, the age limit is 24 or 25. Please check carefully the specific age requirements for your constituency before applying. Successful candidates will arrive at Oxford the October following the selection process. The Scholarship may not normally be deferred.
- Required Language: English
How to Apply for Rhodes Scholarship?
Please follow the following step by step procedure to apply for Rhodes Scholarship:
In broad terms, all constituencies will require the following materials in differing forms:
- Curriculum vitae/resumé or list of principal activities. (Please do not include a photograph in your CV for this scholarship)
- Evidence of academic record / transcript (complete or in progress) of undergraduate degree and any postgraduate study
- Personal statement or essay (including, crucially, a clear statement of what the applicant wishes to study at Oxford and why)
- English Language proficiency (where English is not the first language). Check requirements here.
- Evidence of age / birth certificate / passport
- Four reference letters from appraisers who can attest in confidential references to the character and intellect of the applicant, including academic, personal, extra-curricular and leadership achievements (and who should never include people to whom you are related).
Step by Step Rhodes Scholarship Application Process:
(1) You can apply online at http://www.rhodeshouse.ox.ac.uk/scholarships/apply via the scholarships tab.
(2) You must submit your application online, with all supporting documents, by deadline.
(3) In preparation for making your application, you should read carefully the general information, particularly that held on the Scholarships tab, on the Rhodes website, the Conditions of Tenure for the Rhodes Scholarship, the information in this document and the graduate admissions pages of the University of Oxford: https://www.ox.ac.uk/admissions/graduate
(4) Shortlisted candidates will be invited to a social engagement and a final interview. You must be available to attend both, in person, as no accommodations can be made on date and time, or mode, of these events. No candidate will be selected without an interview.
Travel expenses will be paid by the Rhodes Trust, and will cover the round trip cost of a First Class rail ticket, but excluding hotel expenses. International travel for those attending from overseas cannot be funded.
(5) All applicants will be emailed with the outcome of their application.
- Selection for the Rhodes Scholarship is made without regard to financial means.
- Selection for the Rhodes Scholarship is made without regard to marital status, race, ethnic origin, color, gender, religion, sexual orientation, social background, disability, caste or other irrelevant distinction. The provision of such information in the ‘Outreach’ section of the application form is optional, but helps us to ensure that our selection processes are fair and that our outreach efforts are effective; those involved in selection will only see summary statistics of these responses in an anonymized format that cannot be tracked back to the individual.
- You are applying for a Rhodes Scholarship for entry to the University of Oxford in October 2021; the scholarship cannot be deferred.
- The Rhodes Scholarship is confirmed only upon successful admission to the University of Oxford.
- No selection will be made if a sufficiently qualified candidate cannot be found.
- The decision of the Selection Committee is final.
Procedure after Selection:
- Please note that successful applicants will need to apply to the University of Oxford very soon after selection. Full details will be given upon selection.
- The full application of successful candidates will be accessible to Rhodes House, Oxford, where the Scholarship references can be re-used, if appropriate, in support of the successful candidate’s subsequent application to the University of Oxford.
- Successful candidates will be encouraged to disclose, in confidence, any medical condition or special needs which may require academic or personal support in Oxford. This disclosure is entirely voluntary and is requested only to enable Rhodes House to provide suitable support in Oxford and to make the transition to Oxford as smooth as possible.
Rhodes Scholarship Acceptance Rate
Despite receiving 100 Rhodes Scholarships awards, the success rate is extremely low. The acceptance rate for rhodes scholarship is only 0.7%, owing primarily to the large number of competitions.
Benefits of the Rhodes Scholarship
For the qualified applicants below are the benefits of rhodes scholarship:
- This scholarship covers all fees associated with applying for and studying at the university of Oxford. It covers the tuition fees for the course you want to study.
- And not only that, but it also includes an annual stipend. This annual stipend can then be used by students to cover living expenses like accommodation and feeding.
- In addition to this, it covers fees for students’ visas.
- It also covers fees associated with International Health Surcharge (HIS). So, you don’t have to worry about health costs. As you’d be able to access the UK’s National Health Service without charges.
- Also, it covers two economy-class flights. The cost of the fight to and from the United Kingdom.
- It also covers a settling-in allowance upon arrival in the United Kingdom.
To know more about Rhodes Scholarship, please visit their official websites.