Alberta Scholarship Program Jason Lang Scholarship
The Jason Lang Scholarship recognise and compensates Alberta post-secondary students for their academic accomplishments and urges them to go on in their undergraduate or professional program of study.
The Scholarship Selection Process:
Qualified Students who meet the qualification standards are nominated by the Student Awards Office at the Alberta post-secondary institution where they are currently attending.
In the event that the student has been transferred from another public funded post-secondary institution, Their current institution will need to confirm their previous year’s qualification criteria.
Numerous different scholarship and awards are presented by different organizations and we urge you to visit Alberta’s public university and college websites to explore more on the scholarship that they offer.
In this article, My Study Extra shares everything you need to know about Alberta Scholarship Program by Jason Lang Scholarship, how to apply, eligibility, requirements and deadline.
Jason Lang Scholarship Requirements – Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible an applicant must have these requirements:
- Be a Canadian Citizen, Permanent Resident, or Protected Person (visa students are not eligible),
- Be an Alberta resident and to be considered an Alberta resident one of the following conditions must apply:
- one parent, or legal guardian has maintained permanent residence in Canada for at least 12 consecutive months immediately prior to commencing post-secondary studies and be residing in Alberta, or
- Alberta is the last place the student has lived for 12 consecutive months immediately prior to commencing post-secondary studies, or
- the student’s spouse/partner has maintained permanent residence in Alberta for 12 consecutive months prior to the person attending post-secondary.
- Be enrolled full-time in the second or subsequent year of an undergraduate program at a publicly funded post-secondary institution in Alberta,
- Have achieved a minimum Grade Point Average of 3.2 on a 4.0 point scale based on an 80% full course load in the previous fall and winter terms.
Note: A term is defined as a study period of up to 17 weeks in length. Co-op work terms, internships or exchange programs may be eligible as long as these programs are a mandatory component of the undergraduate or professional program.
The following Students are not eligible for a Jason Lang Scholarship if they:
- Are enrolled in a one year certificate program,
- Do not return to a publicly funded post-secondary institution in the fall or winter terms of the next academic year,
- Are recipients of a Louise McKinney Scholarship for the same period of study, or
- Have received the lifetime maximum of three Jason Lang Scholarships.
Scholarship Type: Undergraduate
Scholarship Value: $1000
Deadline: October 31, 2022
Sponsor Name: Alberta Scholarship Program
Sponsor Website: http://studentaid.alberta.ca/
Jason Lang Scholarship can be receive how many times?
You can get the scholarship a limit of 3 times. Anything above this and you will not have the option to get it, there are different scholarship that looks like this so it will not be an issue if you miss out.
Try not to trick the system framework, you might be backlisted from applying for other scholarship sponsored by Alberta Student Aid.
How to apply for Jason Lang Scholarship 2022-2023
- Download the application form online (Visit this link)
- Print the form out since you are going to submit it offline.
- Fill in your personal, citizenship, and residency information.
- Fill in your post-secondary institution enrolment information.
- Fill in the information for your previous academic year and sign in the area provided.
- Review your application to make sure the information you filled in is accurate, if you made mistakes you can always print a new form.
- Submit your completed application form to the Student Awards Office at your educational institution.
Interested applicants who are eligible and qualified should apply for the Jason Lang Scholarship program here.
According to their official webpage the closing date for the Jason Lang scholarship application is September 15, 2022, for the Fall Application and January 18, 2022, for the Winter Application. For more information about the Jason Lang Scholarship kindly visit their official website.
How long does it take to receive the Jason Lang Scholarship?
It would take about 30 days to get the scholarship program. Payment will be made in December for the fall term and March for the winter term.