The University of Cambridge acceptance rate for international students is 21%. In total, 6,159 international students applied to study at Cambridge in 2020. A total of 1008 applicants were offered admission to Cambridge College, for an international acceptance rate of 21.4%.
About Cambridge University
Cambridge education prepares students for life by fostering informed curiosity and a lifelong enthusiasm for learning.
Furthermore, schools can design a Cambridge curriculum around how they want their students to learn, allowing them to discover new skills and a larger world. Students gain the skills necessary to succeed in school, university, and the workplace.
Cambridge University Admission
The University of Cambridge offers 29 full-time degree programs, with approximately 25.7% of its undergraduate students coming from outside the United Kingdom.
Engineering, Management, Medicine, Education, and Sciences are just a few of the courses available to international students.
University of Cambridge Requirements for international students
A*A*A or A*AA (subject dependent) or 40-42 in the International Baccalaureate, with 776 in Higher Level subjects, is expected of the standard candidate at Cambridge. Depending on individual circumstances, applicants may be required to achieve a 7 in a specific subject.
How to apply for Cambridge University Admission
- Submit a UCAS application. Following are the requirements for a successful submission:
- First of all, write a personal statement explaining the subject interest
- School reference provided a teacher/tutor/guidance counselor
- Submit your Cambridge Online Preliminary Application (COPA)
- Complete the Supplementary Application Questionnaire (SAQ) sent by the University of Cambridge after submission of UCAS.
- Also, you must submit the academic transcripts, as per the course’s requirements.
- Most important, applicants need to take a subject-specific written admission assessment, either pre-interview or at an interview.
- Also, you must be fluent in English during the interview.
Cambridge University Programs
Cambridge University offers 30 undergraduate courses, covering more than 65 subject areas. Check out the list of their programs below:
- Anglo-Saxon, Norse, and Celtic
- Asian and Middle Eastern Studies
- Chemical Engineering
- Classics Computer Science
- Foundation Year in Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences (pre-degree course)
- History and modern languages, history and politics, history of Art
- Human, Social, and Political Sciences
- Land Economy
- Management Studies (Part II course)
- Manufacturing Engineering (Part II course)
- Medicine (Graduate Course)
- Modern and Medieval Languages
- Natural Sciences
- Psychological and Behavioural Sciences
- Theology, Religion, and Philosophy of Religion
- Veterinary Medicine
Cambridge University Acceptance Rate
Undergraduate students at the University of Cambridge have a variety of options. Even if you are a foreign student, you have a chance of being admitted.
The University of Cambridge places a greater emphasis on undergraduate students in order to properly nurture and train them. The undergraduate acceptance rate at the University of Cambridge is 21%.
Cambridge university acceptance rate for American students
The acceptance rate for US students at Cambridge University is not specified. If you are an applicant from the United States, keep in mind that offers are usually made on an individual basis.
So, as a US citizen, you can be admitted to Cambridge University if you have five or more Advanced Placement (AP) scores at grade 5.
You must also have high passing grades in your school qualifications and a high SAT (I) Reasoning Test or ACT score.
In 2016, 347 Americans applied to study at Cambridge; 40 were admitted, but only 20 enrolled.
SAT II (Subject) Tests are also not equivalent to AP Exams. As an applicant, you must disclose all tests you have taken and their results.
University of Cambridge medical school acceptance rate
The Cambridge Medical School, founded in 1540, is the third oldest institution on this list. Cambridge students can study medicine as an undergraduate and graduate as a doctor in just six(6) years.
|Application deadline||A-level requirements||IB requirements||Avg Bmat||Acceptance rate|
|BMAT – October 1, UCAS – October 15BMAT||A*A*A* in Chemistry, Maths and one of Biology or Physics||40-42 points with 776 for HL subjects in Chemistry, Maths Analysis and Approaches, and one of Biology or Physics.||5.5 S1, 6.1 S2, 3 5A||21%|
University of Cambridge school of clinical medicine acceptance rate
The University of Cambridge is ranked among the top 5 universities in the world for popular courses like Management, Engineering, and Medicine.
In addition, the University of Cambridge’s School of Clinical Medicine was ranked third in the world by QS World Ranking 2021.
The university, as one of the most competitive medical schools, has an acceptance rate of only 21% and receives 5 applicants per seat.
The Cambridge School of Medicine focuses on providing quality education as well as the hands-on training required to become an expert in the field of medicine.
University of Cambridge acceptance rate law
Law is one of the most outstanding courses available at Cambridge Law School.
Every year, however, approximately 1537 candidates apply to law programs at the undergraduate level, and 287 are accepted. The undergraduate acceptance rate for law school is 18.67%.
How to transfer into Cambridge College
For more information on how to transfer into Cambridge University, visit the Cambridge College website. Cambridge College accepts 56.12% of transfer applicants, making it a competitive institution.
As a result, in order to transfer into Cambridge College, you must have a current GPA of at least 3.7 – ideally, your GPA will be around 3.85. You will also be required to submit standardized test results.
University of Cambridge transfer acceptance rate
Cambridge College received 237 transfer applicants in 2019. The school accepted a total of 133 students. However, Cambridge College’s transfer acceptance rate is 56.12%. It is difficult to transfer to Cambridge College for this purpose.
University of Cambridge MBA acceptance rate
The Judge Business School at the University of Cambridge offers a prestigious MBA program.
Every year, however, approximately 1007 students apply, with only 644 being accepted. This means that the MBA acceptance rate is 59.80%.
Cambridge Tuition fees
The tuition fees for international students at Cambridge University in 2022 (see table below). Please note:
- fees detailed are per year and are fixed for the duration of the course
- for international students undertaking a year abroad, the tuition fee payable to the University of Cambridge during the year abroad will be 50% of the full fee
- for international students taking Veterinary Medicine, the tuition fee payable in Year 3 will be the tuition fee for the course taken in that year
|Anglo-Saxon, Norse, and Celtic; Archaeology; Asian and Middle Eastern Studies; Classics; Economics; Education; English; History; History and Modern Languages; History and Politics; History of Art; Human, Social, and Political Sciences; Land Economy; Law; Linguistics; Modern and Medieval Languages; Philosophy; Theology, Religion, and Philosophy of Religion||£23,340|
|Architecture; Geography; Music||£30,537|
|Chemical Engineering; Computer Science; Engineering; Management Studies; Manufacturing Engineering; Natural Sciences; Psychological and Behavioural Sciences||£35,517|
|Medical and Veterinary Science (including for this purpose the Second M.B. and Second Vet. M.B. Examinations)||£60,942|
Cambridge University scholarships
Scholarship programs are open to international students who wish to study at Cambridge University. For more information about the courses available and the application process. Kindly Visit:
Note: Charge for accessing the graduate application form
Unless you are from a (low-income) country that is eligible for a fee waiver, there is an application fee of (GBP sterling) £70 per application.
Also, visit www.graduate.study.cam.ac.uk for a list of other eligible courses and more information.
You can, however, make the payment by entering your credit card information into a secure server when submitting your online application.
Scholarships for African Applicants to Study at the University of Cambridge
To begin with, you must be considered for funding from the major scholarship providers.
You must also complete the funding section of the relevant application form (undergraduate or graduate) and submit it to the University of Cambridge by the deadlines listed below:
The deadline for undergraduate applications is usually in early October.
Graduate school applications – Application is now open, but it is best to check specific course deadlines.
Furthermore, it is critical that you search the course directory for additional information. Some deadlines are as early as the middle of November (LLM Law).
Furthermore, we have compiled a comprehensive list to assist African applicants in identifying scholarships available at the University of Cambridge.
Indian students interested in studying at Cambridge University can use the best Scholarships For Indian Students.
Scholarships for specific applicants from Africa:
Fill out the standard University Graduate Students’ Application Form and fill out the ‘funding’ section to be considered for funding.
You will be considered for all scholarships for which you are eligible. Typically, the deadline for Cambridge-Trust scholarships is the first week of December. View current scholar profiles here.
- David & Elaine Potter Cambridge Scholarship (Africa
- BP Cambridge Scholarship for Egypt
- Wolfson OCS Kenya Scholarship
- Beacon Scholarship at Cambridge (Kenya)
- Best Cambridge Scholarship (Malawi, Zambia, and Zimbabwe)
- Rwanda Cambridge Scholarship (Masters or Ph.D.)
- CSIR South Africa Cambridge Scholarship
- Skye Cambridge Scholarship (South Africa)
- Mandela Magdalene College Scholarship (South Africa – offered by Magdalene College, Cambridge)
- Standard Bank Derek Cooper Africa Scholarships (MPhil program, Magdalene College; various African countries
- Guy Clutton-Brock Cambridge Scholarship (Zimbabwe – offered by Magdalene College, Cambridge)
- Trinity College Bursary: Up to two scholarships for students from any African country who wish to take a taught postgraduate course at the University of Cambridge, leading to the MASt, the MPhil, or the LLM degree.
Scholarships for applicants of many nationalities, including Africans:
- Cambridge International Scholarship (PhD)
- Yousef Jameel Scholarship (PhD)
- Commonwealth Scholarship and Commonwealth Shared
- Scholarship (Masters and Ph.D.)
- Chevening/Cambridge Scholarship (Masters)
- IDB Cambridge Scholarship (PhD)
- John Stanley Gardiner Trust Fund studentship in the Department of Zoology (open to any British subject or Commonwealth citizen who is ordinarily resident outside Europe but within the Commonwealth of Nations.
Tips for applying
- Choose a course in which you have a strong interest.
- Read extensively on your chosen topic. Tutors frequently devote their entire lives to their subject, and they want to share their enthusiasm with students.
- Practice talking about your subject with people other than your teachers and classmates. Talking to non-experts is a great exercise because it forces you to think in new ways and helps you find new ways to express the concepts and issues at hand.
- On your application form, stretch the truth. Tutors may question you about anything you include in your application, so double-check everything.
- Spending too much time worrying about which college to apply to is a waste of time; everything else will fall into place.
- Be discouraged. It’s a competitive environment, but the only way to guarantee failure is to not try at all.
FAQs on University of Cambridge Acceptance rate
What is the acceptance rate for cambridge university?
The acceptance rate for Cambridge University is 21%
Why does the university of cambridge have such a high acceptance rate
it is one of the most competitive schools in the world.
What is my chance of gaining admission into Cambridge University
You must have a very high grade and a high score in IELTS.