The PB&J Scholarship is intended for students who have faced personal challenges that have prevented them from performing well academically, but who still have the desire to succeed.
Examples of personal challenges include, but are not limited to:
- Medical issues
- Peer issues: bullying, change of school, minority status, etc.
- Family issues: divorce, death, lack of income, homelessness, foster care, abuse, etc.
What is a Pb&J scholarship?
It’s a program run by the National Association of Secondary School Principals that assists low-income students in paying for college.
The scholarship covers tuition, fees, books, supplies, and living expenses for one student. Students must apply for the scholarship by completing an application form and submitting supporting documentation.
Students who are eligible for the scholarship will be notified ten days after the application deadline. The amount of money awarded is determined by a number of factors, including the applicant’s GPA, SAT and ACT scores, financial aid received, and other criteria.
Pb&J Scholarship Requirements
To qualify for the scholarship, you must:
- Be enrolled full-time at an accredited university or college.
- You must also be 18 years old or older, and
- You must submit proof of enrollment along with a completed application.
- Applicants must also complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Students who receive Pell grants or other federal aid are ineligible for the Pb&J scholarship.
- To qualify for the scholarship, applicants must submit a completed application form and two letters of recommendation from faculty members.
- Applicants must also provide proof of enrollment at a four-year institution.
Students currently enrolled in college or university are eligible for the Pb and J scholarship. Applicants must submit a 500-word essay describing their experience with peanut butter and jelly sandwiches in order to be considered.
Applicants must submit two letters of recommendation from teachers or professors in addition to the essay.
Pb&J Scholarship Eligibility
The PB & J scholarship is a $1,000 scholarship awarded annually to students who submit a creative essay about peanut butter and jelly.
- To qualify for the scholarship, applicants must write a 500-word essay describing their favourite PB&J sandwich. In addition to the essay, applicants must include a photo of themselves eating a PB&J sandwich.
- To qualify for the scholarship, applicants must meet specific requirements. These include having a minimum GPA of 3.0, enrolling in an accredited college or university, and
- Applicants must also submit proof of financial need.
Pb&J Scholarship deadline
The deadline for PB and J Scholarship Applications is April 1st, 2022. For more information, visit the official Pb&J scholarship website.
Pb & J Scholarship value
The Pb & J scholarship is a unique opportunity for students. It provides CAD 10,000 to each recipient and a free internship at a major newspaper.
How do I apply for the Pb & J Scholarship
- Visit their website at www.pbjscholarshp.ca/apply
- Click on the “Apply Now” button to submit an online application.
- Fill out the form completely.
- Attach two letters of recommendation.
- Please attach a resume and cover letter.
- Include information regarding your academic achievements, extracurricular activities, and community service.
- Make sure to mention your interest in studying abroad and what you hope to achieve upon graduating.
- Please upload a copy of your most recent bank statement showing your monthly income.
- Once the application is submitted, we will review it and notify the applicant via email whether they have been selected for further consideration. If you are selected, you will receive an invitation to interview.