Singapore (Singa) Scholarship for International Students
Singapore International Graduate Award 2023 is a fully funded scholarship for international students. This 2023-2024 Singa scholarship is offered for doctoral research studies.
Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA) covers tuition fees, a monthly stipend of $2,000, a one-time settling-in allowance of $1,000, and a one-time airfare grant of up to $1,500.
The Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA) is an alliance between the Agency for Science, Technology & Research (A*STAR), the Nanyang Technological University (NTU), the National University of Singapore (NUS) and the Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD).
Singapore is the gateway to some of the fastest-growing economies in the Asia Pacific region. You can pursue your Ph.D. education in Singapore with SINGA, establish global links, and take your research career to greater heights.
The Science, Technology, and Research Agency (A*STAR) is conducting mission-oriented research to advance scientific discovery and technological innovation. For our research institutes, the wider research community, and industry, we play a main role in nurturing and developing talent and leadership.
ALSO READ: Study in UK: Gates Cambridge Scholarships for International Students 2022-2023 [Fully-funded Masters & PhD]
- Level of Study: PhD
- Institution(s): A*STAR
- Study in: Singapore
- Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Biomedical Sciences
- Physical Science
- Program Period: 4 years
- Deadline: January 2023 intake: June 01, 2023, August 2023 intake (December 01, 2023)
The Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA) covers
- Tuition fees.
- Monthly stipend of S$2,000, which will be increased to $2,500 after the passing of the Qualifying Examination.
- One-time settling-in allowance of S$1,000.
- One-time airfare grant of up to S$1,500.
Eligibility Criteria for Singapore International Graduate Award
To be eligible for Singapore International Graduate Award, you must fulfill the following criteria:
- The applicants must be international students.
- The applicants must have completed a bachelor’s degree.
- The applicants must have excellent academic results.
- The applicant must be proficient in the English language.
- SINGA needs no specific certificate for English Language Proficiency as it can be assessed during the interview. However, English Language Certificate can be a requirement of the individual university.
- Singaporean nationals or candidates who already have completed tertiary education in Singapore can not apply.
- The applicants who wish to apply for the master’s program are not eligible.
- Only the candidates who want to pursue their Ph.D. in science and engineering are eligible.
- Ph.D. courses for social sciences, humanities, economics, etc are not eligible.
How to Apply for Singapore International Graduate Award?
Please follow the following instructions to avail Singapore International Graduate Award:
(1) Go to Research Areas to browse the projects you are interested in. From here:
- A*STAR Supervisors and Projects
- NTU Supervisors and Projects
- NUS Supervisors and Projects
- SUTD Supervisors and Projects
(2) Prepare the following documents in advance before applying:
- An identification card or Passport.
- A recent passport-sized photo (in .jpeg or .png format).
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s academic transcripts.
- Bachelor’s Degree certificate(s) / scroll(s) or a letter of certification from the university on your candidature if your degree certificate/scroll has not yet been conferred.
- Two recommendation reports minimum (to be completed and submitted online by the referees).
(3) Register from here.
(4) Log into your account and press apply to scholarship (choose Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA)).
(5) Fill out the application form.
- Do not mail any hard copy documents to SINGA Office. All necessary documents are to be submitted online.
- ALL transcripts need to be in English translation.
- GRE / IELTS / TOEFL / SAT I & II / GATE results are optional.
- It is recommended to complete the essay questions on a word processor outside of the applicant portal and to copy and paste the essays to the respective questions when completed.
- Please ensure that your referee rapport is submitted within 7 working days of submitting the application forum.
The selections are strictly based on the applicant’s academic record and participation in co-curricular activities. Apart from these, the following elements also play a significant role:
- Interest in research work and the capability to use that study for the benefit of self and society will also be considered.
- Letter of recommendation submitted
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified via email within 12 weeks from the application closing date. An interview may also take place in person or through electronic media before the final selection of the scholarship holder.
The Singapore International Graduate Award is designed for doctorate students who want to study in Singapore and pursue research in the fields of Biomedical Sciences; and Physical Science and Engineering.
- The applicants require strong academic records, specified research areas, good knowledge of their research project, and good command of the English language.
- The applications are made online and the award covers almost all the expenses of the applicant during the study period.
Terms and Conditions Regarding SINGA
- The recipient cannot avail of any other scholarship or grant along with SINGA.
- International recipients must be in a 2-year service in Singapore-based companies without commitment to any specific organization.
- The area of work should preferably be in Biomedical Sciences, Physical Sciences, or Engineering.
The Singapore International Graduate Award is a prestigious and fully funded scholarship program that is now accepting applications for the January 2024 intake. SINGA fosters a vibrant and culturally diverse research community of international students.
ALSO READ: Study in USA: Berea College Scholarships for International Students 2023-2024 [Fully Funded]
Singa Scholarship Application Deadline:
The application deadline for the SINGA research scholarship in Singapore is 1 June 2023.
To know more about Singapore International Graduate Award, Interested applicants can please visit the official website Official Website for more information needed.