Truck Driver Jobs In Canada With VISA Sponsorship: This is piece of great news for experienced truck drivers seeking jobs in Canada because it will provide a perfect opportunity for anyone seeking to immigrate to Canada to pursue this line of work.
The Truck Driver Jobs In Canada are thriving, owing to the high demand for experienced truck drivers. The Canadian government is looking for truck drivers to work in their country, but you must be qualified.
Heavy truck driver jobs are becoming increasingly difficult to fill because these drivers can travel across Canada for free.
The job pays well and allows you to live the lifestyle you desire. However, if you have prior experience in the field, you will be able to fit in more quickly.
Furthermore, there are still plenty of job openings and high demand for long-haul truck drivers in the Canadian transportation sector.
The Canadian government has also been supportive of all these developments because it grants work visas to qualified foreign workers who want to work as truck drivers there.
In this article, MyStudyExtra shares the Top Truck Driver Jobs In Canada with Visa Scholarship, requirements, their annual salary, wages, skills required, and simple steps tips that will guide you in ensuring your success in seeking a Truck Driver Jobs In Canada
Requirements for Truck Driver Jobs In Canada With VISA Sponsorship
The requirements for becoming a truck driver in Canada. This will help you understand what is required to obtain a Truck Driver Jobs In Canada With VISA Sponsorship as a foreigner.
They include the following:
- Permanent, full-time, overtime, weekend, day, night, and evening truck driver jobs are available in Canada.
- A high school diploma is preferred but not required for this position.
- The heavy-duty driving experience is preferred but not required.
- It is necessary to be able to communicate in basic or functional English.
- This job will necessitate the acquisition of certificates, licenses, memberships, courses, and other credentials.
- A valid driver’s license (Class 1 or A) and the Air Brake (Z) Endorsement are required.
- Tractor-trailer, Flatbed, Refrigerated, Highway, Straight truck (4,600kg+ or 10,000lbs+ with three or more axles).
- Security and safety: All of the following are required: basic security clearance, criminal background check, driving record check (abstract), medical examination, and drug test.
- Transportation and travel information: Willingness to travel across Canada and the United States Willing to travel during the day, evening, or night, including overnight routes, and for extended periods of time.
- Other requirements include the ability to work legally in Canada and the willingness to work in a two-person team to drive long-haul trucks.
Skills Required For Truck Driver Jobs In Canada With VISA Sponsorship:
- Being able to operate and drive straight or articulated trucks to transport goods and supplies
- Tarping, loading, and unloading of cargo, ensuring the security and safety of the cargo
- the ability to schedule and plan your trips.
- You should be able to plan your trip using atlases and other planning resources.
- Gather data and deliver it to the central dispatcher.
- the capacity to operate a vehicle as a two-person squad or in a convoy.
- Additionally, you ought to be able to check the tires, lights, brakes, cold storage, and other components of the car and assess its condition.
Top Provincial Programs for Truck Driver Jobs In Canada With VISA Sponsorship
Here is a list of the top services for finding a truck driver job in Canada that will sponsor your visa.
The gold standard for candidates in British Columbia’s entry-level and semi-skilled category, which has over 400 positions on the job bank, is a full-time job offer in long-haul trucking.
Long-haul drivers are allowed to stay in the province indefinitely. Visit their website HERE to learn more about immigration in British Columbia.
Quebec leads the way in terms of provincial opportunities for truck drivers, with 837 job postings now available. According to information on the Quebec government’s employment website, truck driver employment prospects with their platform are ‘excellent.’ Visit the Quebec website HERE.
Along with three other occupations, the NOC code for transport truck drivers (7511) was added to the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program Employer Job Offer In-Demand Skills Stream in July 2019.
It means that experienced truck drivers with a job offer in Ontario can take a predetermined path to permanent residence in Canada. Visit their website HERE to learn more about immigration.
Long-haul truck drivers are another in-demand occupation through the Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program, with over 500 job openings on the employment bank. Truck drivers can apply for both the Alberta Opportunity Stream and the Alberta Express Entry.
Employers should use the federal Labour Market Impact Assessment for Temporary Foreign Workers procedure if they want to hire truck drivers in Manitoba.
Businesses are only permitted to hire outside of the LMIA procedure under the Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program if certain requirements are met, such as recruitment efforts and adherence to provincial labor laws.
Visit the Manitoba immigration website HERE to discover more.
Newfoundland and Labrador
A significant amount of immigration will be needed to fill job vacancies in the truck driving industry, according to the Newfoundland and Labrador Labour Market Outlook 2025 report. Trucking companies must apply to be eligible employers for the NLPNP’s Skilled Worker and Express Entry streams.
There is a separate Long-Haul Truck Drivers Sub-Category at Saskatchewan Immigration for people who are already employed in Canada under a work permit. The profession also meets the requirements for the province’s Occupations In-Demand and Express Entry categories, which each draw for particular professions.
One of two target occupations in the Occupations In-Demand Stream of the Nova Scotia Nominee Program is Transport Truck Driver (NOC 7511). Drivers now have a direct route to a place of permanent residence.
Through this program, you may be able to obtain a truck driving position in Canada with sponsorship of your visa.
Wages for Truck Driver Jobs In Canada With VISA Sponsorship
Hourly wages for truck drivers are now competitive with national and provincial averages.
According to job bank and Statistics Canada data, the median wage of truck drivers is slightly lower than the national average, but it can rise to more than $8 above the national average, to $32 per hour, under certain conditions.
Wages for truck drivers are expected to rise as labor market demand rises in the coming years.
Salaries for Truck Driver Jobs in Canada
In Canada, the more time you spend traveling from one province to another, the more money you make. Truck divers in Alberta earn $30 per hour, while truck divers in New Brunswick earn $17 per hour. As a result, the annual salary for full-time truck drivers ranges from $35,000 to $60,000. Let’s look at salaries in some Canadian provinces.
- Alberta – $54,195
- Northwest Territories – $52,650
- British Columbia – $49,725
- Saskatchewan – $48,750
- Ontario $46,940
- Quebec – $46,781
- Prince Edward Island – $37,986
Essential Requirements for Truck Driver Jobs in Canada
- Language Skills: English or French.
- Certificate or diploma in education.
- Certificates, courses, licenses, and so on are examples of credentials.
- 3 to 5 years of experience.
- Specific abilities include performing pre-trip, en route, and post-trip inspections.
- Documentation includes a driver logbook, maintenance and repair reports, an inspection report, and other items.
- Driver’s record and license validity are checked for security and safety.
- Personal Protective Equipment: Safety boots, hard hats, and so on.
- Transportation Details: a current driver’s license
- Physical abilities and working conditions: repetitive tasks over time.
- A dump truck and a tractor-trailer are two types of trucking equipment.
Truck Drivers’ Capabilities
- Products must always be packaged.
- Respond to any concerns that consumers may have
- Fix and troubleshoot any potential technical problems
- Perform a variety of manual labor tasks to support other workers, apprentices, and tradespeople.
- Control of product loading and unloading
- Checking the overall performance of the vehicle, including the clutch, brakes, lights, and tires.
What are the Basic Duties of Truck Drivers?
- Utilize business strategies in a way that complies with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Daily inspection and maintenance of the car for security.
- Staying on schedule as you travel to the Hub DC and DC.
- To fulfill the requirements for delivery, unload and load tires.
ALSO READ: The Top 9 High Paying Jobs in Canada
Application for Truck Driver Jobs in Canada
If you believe you are qualified for the job, you may proceed with the job application process. This is a simple step or rule to follow that will ensure your success:
- To proceed to the next step, click the apply button.
- Make an effort to carefully read the information about the job process, such as the job description, duties, required education, responsibilities, specific skills, experience, hiring company, work settings, work location, and so on.
- If you click on ‘show how to apply,’ the application link may appear.
- Send your application and CV to the email address provided.
Different Truck Driver Jobs in Canada
Truck driver Jobs in Calgary:
This province is rapidly developing and has an impressive number of skyscrapers. It serves as the hub of the nation’s oil sector. It is also referred to as “Cowtown” because it has preserved Western culture. Additionally, it’s a great place for truck drivers to work, and some of these jobs include:
- Combo/Pressure Truck Operator
- Class 3 Garbage Truck Driver
- Truck Driver – Permanent
- Driver Helper
- Recycling Service Driver
Truck driver jobs in Ontario:
Another province in Eastern Canada that is suitable for truck drivers is Ontario. Its borders are shared with both the United States and the Great Lakes region. Numerous Victorian buildings in the province featured works of Canadian and indigenous art. Some of the available driver positions include:
- Haul Truck Operator
- Shunt truck driver
- Recycling truck driver
- Tractor-trailer truck driver
- Garbage Truck Driver (AZ)
Truck driver jobs in Edmonton:
The largest province in Canada, Alberta, is home to its capital. It is situated at the northernmost point of the “Calgary-Edmonton Corridor,” as defined by Statistics Canada. Truck drivers who are both young and skilled are needed. Several positions for truck drivers are:
- Truck driver
- Seasonal Shutdown Class 3 Driver
- Moving truck driver
- Long haul truck driver
List of Truck Driver Jobs in Canada
There are so many companies hiring truck drivers jobs in different cities of Canada such as Alberta, Ontario, Toronto, Brampton, Mississauga, Quebec, Ottawa, Calgary, and many more.
- First of all, is to apply for a job that provides visa sponsorship for international workers. (Need to mention at the time of application “candidate with and without work permit”
- You will then receive an email or response about selection or rejection.
- Then they will provide you with a complete guide with an invitation letter, and visa types.
There are 2,654 job postings in Canada: