Chevening Scholarship 2022-2023
The Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) and partner organizations provide funding for the Chevening Scholarships, which are a global scholarship program of the UK government.
This program offers funding to outstanding researchers from all around the world with leadership potential so they can pursue Master’s degrees in any field/subject at any United Kingdom University.
The Scholarship is a fully funded program from the United Kingdom Government, it is set for over 1,800 students for a one-year Master’s Degree program in any UK university.
The 2022-2023 Chevening Scholarship application procedure is challenging and competitive. It is advised that you conduct much research in other to be prepared and offer yourself the best chance of success. We have compiled the most important details for you here.
In this article, you will get all the details and information you need when applying for a Chevening scholarship. My Study Extra has given details about the criteria, requirements, eligibility, selected countries, benefits of the scholarship, how to apply for the scholarship, and also the deadline.
About British Chevening Scholarship
Chevening Scholarship is a Fully-funded scholarship to undertake any master’s course at any UK university and much more.
- Country: United Kingdom
- Course Level: One Year Master Degree
- Financial Coverage: Fully Funded From UK Government
- No. of Scholarships: 1800
- Opening Date: 2nd August 2022
- Closing Date: 2nd November 2022
Chevening Scholarship Amount, Benefits & Stipend
The British Chevening UK Scholarship 2023 is a Fully Funded Scholarship to study in UK Universities. It will cover the following expenses for all the Scholarship holders:
- Full University Tuition Fees
- An Enough Monthly Stipend
- Airfare Travel Costs to and from the UK
- An Arrival Allowance
- A Homeward Departure Allowance
- The cost of One Visa Application
- A travel grant to attend Chevening events in the UK
- Chevening will Pay the Quarantine cost if Booked by Diversity Travel.
- Free COVID-19 vaccination (If applicable).
Tips for How to select Chevening Scholarship Courses:
- You are Free to Choose from over 12,000 eligible Master’s Courses at over 150 different higher education institutions.
- Your Chevening Application must list at least Three Courses. (it means you need to tell them your first three preferred courses)
- All Courses are in the Year Master Program.
- Please apply to more than 3 Universities, OR at least 5 to 6 to secure admission.
Chevening Partner Universities
You can apply for any master’s course at any Chevening Partner Universities, for interested applicants kindly visit the Chevening partner university.
The scholarships are targeted toward citizens of countries that qualify for the Chevening program. For a complete list of the countries that are eligible for Chevening funds, visit the Chevening official website.
A Chevening Scholarship often includes tuition costs for college, a monthly living allowance, a round-trip economy ticket to the UK, as well as other awards and compensation for basic living expenses.
Eligible Countries for Chevening Scholarship
The United Kingdom Chevening Scholarships is been offered in over 160 countries. Qualified and interested candidates are eligible from all around the world. you can use this tool to check if your country is on the list.
Eligible types of work experience
Chevening Doesn’t require Only Professional work experience. Chevening Scholarships 2023-2024 require that applicants have at least two years of work experience. The types of work experience that are eligible for Chevening can include:
- Full-time Employment
- Part-time employment
- Voluntary work
- Paid or unpaid internships
You do not need to meet the work experience requirement in one period of employment. Applicants can submit up to ten different employment periods to meet the requirement. Chevening Scholarships – two years’ work experience = 2,800 hours.
Chevening Scholarship Requirements & Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible for a Chevening Scholarship 2023 you must:
- Be a citizen of a Chevening-eligible country or territory.
- Return to your country of citizenship for a minimum of two years after your award has ended.
- Have completed all components of an undergraduate degree that will enable you to enter a postgraduate program at a UK university by the time you submit your application. This is equivalent to an upper second-class 2:1 honors degree in the UK.
- Have at least two years of work experience = 2,800 hours.
- Apply to three different eligible UK University Courses and have received an unconditional offer from one of these.
Documents Required for Chevening Scholarship
- Valid passport
- University transcripts
- Degree certificates
- Three choices for master’s courses
While you must upload the documents above at the time of submitting your online application, the ones mentioned below can be uploaded at any time before their respective deadlines.
- English language test results for Academic IELTS/ TOEFL iBT/ Pearson PTE Academic/ Trinity ISE II (B2) or C1 Advanced
- Unconditional offer from the selected university
- Educational certificates (if any).
Chevening Scholarships Process of Application:
Interested to apply for the UK Chevening Scholarship this year? Please carefully go through the steps of filing a UK Scholarship application below to successfully apply. The application link for the Chevening Scholarship can be found at the end of the article.
- You will need to create an account on the Chevening page.
- Then create your account for the Chevening scholarship application.
- Find your home country in the list of Chevening partner countries.
- Fill out the Chevening scholarship application form and submit all the required documents.
- Submit the application before the application deadline. Remember that it takes about eight months from when the applications start getting reviewed after the application deadline to when the applicants get selected for the scholarship. Students are advised to complete their applications well before the deadline and leave some spare time for review and revision.
How To Apply
To apply for Chevening Scholarship, applicants are expected to follow the steps below:
1. Interested applicants should first check if their country is eligible for the scholarship program. Then select Scholarship.
2. Applicants should find the right course at the right UK University which is the best fit for them.
For details or information about the Chevening scholarship, applicants should visit their Official Scholarship Website: http://www.chevening.org/
The Chevening scholarship 2022-2023 Deadline will start accepting applications on the 2nd of August 2022, while the deadline date for registration is the 2nd of November 2022.