The Red Thread Scholarship Program is open to women from all over the world who are first-year college or university students in the United States, including international students, immigrants, and first-generation Americans.
Applicants to graduate programs are ineligible. GPA and residency in the United States are not required. The application consists of multiple short-answer questions, two essays, and two letters of recommendation.
At least one of your recommenders must be an education professional, such as a teacher or a guidance counselor. Both the application form and the letters of recommendation must be submitted electronically before the application deadline.
ABOUT THE RED THREAD SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
The Red Thread Scholarship is available to college-bound international women who will be attending an American college or university in the fall of 2019.
Scholars who are chosen are awarded $1000 to help with tuition, books, and living expenses. Other awards may be made available as funds become available.
Mentoring assistance is available upon request. Scholars may request to be paired with a Board member for assistance in clarifying and focusing on professional and personal objectives.
Scholars can benefit from the experiences, unique skill sets, and global networks of Board members to help them achieve their goals.
Red Thread Foundation scholarship amount:
The Scholarship Program provides a $1,000 award as well as mentoring benefits, leadership development, and training.
The mission of red thread scholarship program
The mission of Red Thread is to empower young women from low-income families by providing them with the opportunity to pursue an education, allowing them to obtain sustainable employment and improve both their own and their families quality of life.
One-on-one mentoring relationships, as well as direct communication with children and their parents, are part of the program.
The ultimate goal is to assist young girls in breaking free from the cycle of poverty. They also work closely with their partner schools to improve their facilities and learning environment so that their programs have a long-term impact on both participants and communities.
They want their children to find emotional support in their neighborhood as well as financial security.
Red Thread Scholarship Program Eligibility Requirements
1. The Red Thread Scholarship Program is open to women from across the world who will be first-year students at a U.S. college or university in the fall of 2022, including international students, immigrants, and first-generation Americans.
2. Graduate program applicants are ineligible. GPA and US residence are not requirements.
3. Type of institution award is open to a two-year college
4. Type of institution award is open to a four-year college
5. The award is available to U.S. citizens
6. The award is available to Canadian citizens
7. The award is available to citizens of countries other than the U.S. and Canada.
- 1. Application form required
- 2. Interview required
- 3. Essay required
- 4. Recommendations or references required
The application includes several short-answer questions, two essays, and one letter of recommendation. To apply, you must sign in to or create a Google account. To be considered, the application form must be submitted online by the application deadline.
Candidates who have been shortlisted will be interviewed over the phone. Interviews will last 30 minutes. Please contact us if you have any further questions or are having difficulty accessing the application form.
Benefits and Responsibilities of Scholarships
- The Red Thread Scholarship Program offers many benefits to its recipients.
- Full or partial tuition coverage for the duration of your studies.
- Health insurance coverage.
- Access to a network of professionals and alumni who can offer guidance and support
- Scholars have access to exclusive workshops, events, and seminars in addition to these financial benefits. These opportunities assist scholars in acquiring the skills and knowledge required to succeed in their chosen field.
- Of course, with these advantages come obligations. Scholars are expected to maintain a high academic standard while also volunteering in their community. They must also stay involved in the Red Thread community by attending events and interacting with other members.
Red Thread Scholarship Application Deadline
Every year, the deadline for this scholarship is February 28. To be considered for the Red Thread Foundation Scholarship Program, students must first visit the provider’s website and fill out an online application.
All applications must be submitted by the deadline. The application consists of two essays, a few short answer questions, and two letters of recommendation from previous professors.
One of your recommenders should be a professor or guidance counselor who can attest to your intellectual prowess.
After reducing the number of applications, they will conduct phone interviews. The interviews will be between 30 and 45 minutes long.
Prospectus: Teachers, guidance counselors, and coaches: Red Thread Prospectus.
Tips for writing a Successful Scholarship Application form
• Make sure you write as you speak (write what will be understandable by the reader).
• Do not complicate words so as not to confuse the reader.
• Make sure you fill in your credentials as required, so you don’t sabotage your chances of getting the scholarship.
• Proofreading is advisable after writing the application letters. You are advised to give the application form to a proofreader to help you go through it for better corrections.
• Make sure you check the deadline of the school’s Application to avoid late Application.